Thursday, March 27, 2008

Another 15 Minutes...

… or was it 20? A chance meeting in a Burnsville Wendy’s led me to my latest shot at fame last night. I’d heard from the fella that overheard my conversation with my wife about learning to play the harmonica that Renegade’s Bar in Burnsville has an open jam every Wednesday night. So I trucked on up to Renegade’s last night and reconnected with my new found friend, who runs sound for a Twin Cities band called “Plain White Toast.” I was invited up to sit in on drums (I’m not quite brave enough to try guitar yet…maybe next week) where I managed to make it through a CCR medley and that old blues chestnut, “Red House.” It was great fun and I’d like to give a big shout out to Nick, Dave and Tiger (and of course, to Howie, for letting me use his drums), and all the folks at Renegade’s, for making it so much fun and helping me to feel at home. To tide you over until next Wednesday, here's a little blues by the master. Check ‘em out at www.renegadesbarandgrill.com, www.davelambertband.com, and www.plainwhitetoast.com, and keep on rockin'!

No comments: