Friday, August 15, 2008

Dr. Bob

I always like to try to surprise my good friend and Dylan expert, Mr. Whoamus, with some Dylan trivia, so I'm gonna try with this post. I know he's read Chronicles Vol 1, where Dylan tells about a trip to Princeton to get an honorary degree, and how Bob was pissed off about his introduction and had to be talked into staying by his good buddy David Crosby. This visit was immortalized in the song "Day of the Locusts," but what Mr. Whoamus probably doesn't know, and what was revealed in a recent interview with Crosby in Rolling Stone magazine, that Crosby's presence was immortalized in the line "The man standing next to me, his head was exploding;" Crosby proudly exclaims, "That's me!" So here's to you, good buddy, I hope I stumped you, and while we're at it, let's enjoy the song in question. Keep on rockin', and we'll see you later!

3 comments:

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

Charlie Mac, I truly had never had that. Thanks man!

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

P.S.
I ALSO had truly never heard that.

PPS
Here's a couple for you re

(1)

Martha My Dear

and

(2)
OB-LA-DI, OB-LA-DA

Hope one of those was newz to you, who are the True Fifth Beatle in spirit & soul.

Charlie_Mac said...

No, news to me on both fronts (although I did read somewhere about the Jane Asher connection) - looks like Simels got this info from Mojo magazine - what a great rag (in a veddy British sort of way), gotta get a subscription to it...