Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I May be Totally Wrong…

… but I’m a dancin’ fool….Today in rock history, in 1979, Frank Zappa released 'Sheik Yerbouti,' a double album that contains the disco parody single "Dancin' Fool." I don’t know if any of you still have this recording, but it’s got a great picture of ol’ Frank on the cover in a bernoose, puffing on a heater (which I suppose is what ultimately did him in). Not too much else to say…great album, great tune…let’s go back to the days of polyester suits, disco balls and Pontiac Grand Ams, and enjoy some Frank, shall we, and keep on boogyin’! Yowsa, yowsa, yowsa! Thanks to http://www.rockhall.com/notes/today-in-rock for the info.

2 comments:

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

Actually, Zappa was right when he said his smokes never hurt him none – he died from prostrate cancer.

But like Warren Zevon who died from a rare kind of lung cancer called mesothelioma that’s unrelated to smoking, poor misunderstood Mr. Butts gets the blame!

Thanks for all the great vids CharlieMac – including this one. I’ve got some real catching up to do on this fine blog!

Charlie_Mac said...

Yup, you're right - shoulda done my research on that one!