Wednesday, February 10, 2010

That Old Beat Up Guitar...

There seem to be a fair number of songs out there that guys write about their guitars. "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" by George Harrison, "Perfectly Good Guitar" by John Hiatt, and "That Old Beat Up Guitar" by Jerry Jeff Walker are three that come to mind. So, while I'm not going to write one about mine, I do want to point out that I got a new guitar today - well, new to me, anyway - a 1979 vintage Yamaha FG331 in pristine condition. Got it for a song, as they say...I seem to have pretty good luck finding the bargains out there; right before Christmas I got an Amigo acoustic-electric bass (with case) for a hundred bucks, and this Yamaha was quite a bargain too. I like its bright, chimey tone, and body size, somewhere between a folk guitar and a dreadnaught. So, while it's not beat up, it's pretty old, so let's listen to ol' Jerry Jeff sing about his prized possession; and keep on rockin'!

1 comment:

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

Ah, ya done good CharlieMac.