Thursday, March 11, 2010

Are You Ready for the Country...

... are you ready for me...Today in rock history, in 1972, Neil Young’s fourth solo album, 'Harvest,' tops the album charts for the first of two weeks. Having sold more than 4 million copies, it remains his best-selling album. I always thought the back cover photo on this album was pretty cool - Neil and the band set up in a rustic hayloft, pretending to be a bunch of hayseeds, while playing this incredible country-rock music. Well, sometimes art imitates life (or is it the other way around) - for a period of time in 1967-68, my band practiced in my friend Craig's hayloft, so Neil, we had the drop on you...nobody talks, however, of how you get all your gear up in the loft - and believe you me, that shit's heavy...let's celebrate with Neil on the continued success of this seminal album, and keep on rockin'! Thanks to http://www.rockhall.com/notes/today-in-rock/ for the info...

No comments: