Tuesday, August 31, 2010

... And it Stoned Me...

... down to my soul...I want to take a minute to clue you in to my latest faves, the Belfast Cowboys, a Van Morrison tribute band I caught at one of the free stages at the Minnesota State Fair last night. Led by frontman Terry Walsh (who does a spot-on Van Morrison impersonation) and featuring local lounge lizard Vic Volare on tenor sax, this nine piece band plays the Van the Man catalogue with note-for-note precision, and a lot of soul. I especially liked Terry's numerous local references during an extended version of "Gloria." So, if you're in the Twin Cities, check 'em out at the Fair tonight, or at their site http://www.reverbnation.com/thebelfastcowboys#, or with their numberous YouTube vids. Thanks, and keep on rockin', "Van the Man" style!

No comments: