Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I Was Born a Ramblin' Man...

... tryin' to make a livin', doin' the best I can...Today in rock history,on this date in 1973, 'Brothers and Sisters,' by the Allman Brothers Band, is released. It is their highest charting (#1) and longest charting (56 weeks) album. I've always been a big Allman Brothers fan (on constant rotation on my garage 8-track player - "Live at Fillmore East"). I was fortunate enough to see them in 1971 before Duane passed, and they're the only band I've seen then or since where the roadies set up more equipment during the break, so that the band can come back and jam for 45 minutes on "Mountain Jam." So let's enjoy the video of this memorable Allmans tune, and keep on rockin". Thanks to http://rockhall.com/story-of-rock/today-in-rock/ for the info.

No comments: