Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Take a Load Off Fanny...

... take a load for free. Today in rock history, in 1969, Bob Dylan receives 38,000 pounds sterling for a one hour performance at the Isle of Wight Festival, backed up by the Band. This would be about $76,000 in today's dollars, depending upon the exchange rate, and that ain't hay! Let's enjoy a vid from that performance (the camera operator didn't seem to get that the drummer was the lead vocalist, and never gave ol' Levon much screen time at all), thanks to www.bgo-records.com/today_in_rock_history.html, and keep on rockin!

2 comments:

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

Now you know this song just makes me weak in the knees! In my Top 100 of all time -- how about choo?

Hey any vids of NON playing at the 18th Annual M-L Family & Friend Reunion and Bar-B-Que? Man I wish I could have been there.

Charlie_Mac said...

Yeah, me too! I do have some vids in the can, so to speak; haven't had time to get 'em off the camera, but hope to this weekend - will put 'em on the NON page on Facebook for sure! We also have the "Hog Roast" gig coming up on 9-10, will probably do some videos of that too.