Friday, September 14, 2012

I Ain’t Superstitious…

… when a black cat cross my door... On this date in rock history, in 1968, the Jeff Beck Group’s “Truth” album enters the charts. The Beck Group has Rod Stewart and future Rolling Stone Ron Wood (on bass). I always like Beck’s cover of Howlin’ Wolf’s “I Ain’t Superstitious,” which, as indicated in the liner notes, is “4:51 of my guitar being sick.” … drummer Micky Waller’s solo ain’t bad, either. Thanks to http://www.rockintown.com/today-in-rock.html and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth_(Jeff_Beck_album) for the info, and keep on rockin’!

2 comments:

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

Oh Charlie you've done it again. Is this from the Truth album? If so I need to download the whole thing right quick. There may be other great examples of electric guitar - drum conversations on vinyl but off the top of my head I can't think of any that come close to this ... and once again i never would have heard it if you hadn't posted. Thanks good friend!

Charlie_Mac said...

Yep, "Truth" it is, and there's other great songs on there too, all the way from "Beck's Bolero" to "Greensleeves"